• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I search for all 9x7 images?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm the sort of Lightroom and Photoshop user who's been using it for years, and using it all wrong, but have my own way. As a result, my 30,000 or so images are too much of a mess to organize. As a result, my photos have  different resolutions, different cameras, different naming systems, different all over the place. 

Given that, I want to create a smart collection of all my photos that I cropped to 9"x7" and 7"x9". (I print them on 8x10 paper with half inch margins.) Is there any way to do this in Lightroom or with a plug-in? 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Onlooker,

You're in luck, this is easy: Go into the Library mode and select the Grid view. Then on top you have several options for searching, select Metadata. If you mousedown on any of the options, you'll see the range of options you can do searches on. HOWEVER, if you have any images that fit the criteria but do not have this metadata in their file, you will not see them but you can always search through the remaining images after you've weeded out the ones you can find.

2021-03-02_14-36-26.png

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aspect Ratio only searches for Portrait, Landscape or Square, not the actual aspect ratio.

Try these plugins

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter-criteria.htm 

http://lightroomsolutions.com/plug-ins/list-view/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Here's how to use Any Filter to search for specific numeric aspect ratios:

Untitled.png

(7/9 = 0.777777)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines