Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i uninstall lightroom 3?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would depend on what OS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows go to the control panel and choose uninstall programs.

Find Lightrooom in the list of applications; click on it to highlight it, then click the uninstall button.

Don’t drag to the trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am on  a Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Lightroom consistently shows "lightroom quit unexpectdly" every time I try to launch it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm bumping this to see if a Mac user could chime in and be of some assistance, for Snow Leopard or Lion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac OS (Snow Leopard or Lion), the simplest way is to drag the application [icon] to the Trash. If you want to completely remove all traces of Lightroom, including Preference files, use an application like AppZapper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Joe.

I also found another app - AppDelete which is very good and there is a manual method described on Flickr:

A more thorough uninstall:

- drag the Lightroom application icon to the trash ...

- in the user account, drag all of the following to the trash ...

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Lightroom3.plist

~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Lightroom3.LSSharedFileList.plist

~/Library/Caches/Adobe Camera Raw

~/Library/Caches/com.adobe.Lightroom3

- in the System-wide library folder, drag the following to the trash ...

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

- drag any catalog folders you might have created to the trash ...

(The default Lightroom catalog folder is ~/Pictures/Lightroom in the user account.)

- Empty the trash. Once done, all Lightroom components and catalog files will be removed from the system.

Notes:

- The preference files and cache files pertain to Lightroom 3. For Lightroom 2, replace the "3" in the filenames with "2".

- Once you delete the catalogs, all your editing work done on photos will disappear unless you export a copy of all edited image files.

- If you want to keep your original image files, be sure that they are not located in catalog folders as a sub-folder. The default when you tell Lightroom to "Export as Catalog..." and 'include negatives' is to create a catalog folder with a sub-folder containing copies of the original image files.

- Omit the step of deleting the catalog folders if you are uninstalling with the intent of re-installing the Lightroom application again, and want to continue with your edited work as it exists now.

I hope this helps any poor schmuk who, like me, screwed his Mac up and needs help to get out of trouble!

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines