• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I use camera profiles made with DNG editor with new LR Classic CC?

Participant ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I like the new camera profiles in the recent upgrade except for one problem I have to make custom profiles for my infrared cameras which I do with the DNG editor.  It used to be pretty simple just place it in the camera raw camera profiles and it would appear when I selected an image made with that camera.  However with the new upgrade and the conversion of camera profiles to .xmp I can no longer do this.  The camera profile I make as a .dcp doesn't work with the new setup and since I am starting on a fresh laptop with a new install of LR Classic CC there is no "legacy" files that were converted.  How can I make a new profile that will work with LR?

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

These profiles should work fine. Lightroom should automatically convert them if they are installed in the right place. They don’t show up under the ‘Legacy’ group, but under ‘Profiles’.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These profiles should work fine. Lightroom should automatically convert them if they are installed in the right place. They don’t show up under the ‘Legacy’ group, but under ‘Profiles’.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johan I guess maybe I'm putting them in the wrong place?  Where should they go?

Ty in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  They were there.  I had to reboot to make it work.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines