• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I access grayed out images in LRC 2020

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could ANYONE, please, tell me how to access my grayed out images in LRC2020. They are in my HD I'm trying to edit them in the same HD. I can see them in Bridge, PS, Explorer etc. The only way I know they are there but grayed out is when I do a Synchronize Folder action. They show grayed out!!! They tab at the top just says ADD to what/where?! 
It keeps wanting to add new photos, but I don't have new photos there to add. It keeps selecting images that should have been added already. I need to ACCESS the old pictures. The ones that show grayed out when I click the ALL PHOTOS tab. I've tried every single thing suggested here. From turning off card, check-uncheck all, create new folder, updating monitor calibration etc., etc. Nothing works!

There has got to be a way to do this. I don't need a huge dissertation of the topic, just how to do it.

If anyone from Adobe sees this please, guys, put a pop-up error tab that says we're screwing up and maybe how to fix it!!!!!

This little item has been such a huge waste of time. Not a fan of LR

Thank you in advance

I’m trying to add a screenshot - hopefully that will help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in the Import dialog and the greyed out images are ones that are already in the catalogue. So close the Import dialog box, and go to the photos in Folders.

If you still can't see where they are in the catalogue, go to All Photographs which is in the Catalog panel. Then use Cmd F (Mac) or Ctrl F and search for one of the filenames. When LR displays it, right click it and choose Go to Folder in Library. That'll show you where you imported it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the excellent advice from @john beardsworth , you ought to seriously consider spending some time learning how Lightroom Classic works, for example, for the free beginner's e-book at LightroomQueen.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines