• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I apply a preset without changing temperatur and color? (RAW)

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apply some presets but my RAW files are all yellowish because the light around me was very yellow - so I don't have a problem with that (I simply use the pipete to manualy adjust the temp and col)

BUT

When I apply a preset after this, the temperatur and color changes again!....

Can I lock the settings and then apply the preset?

How can I work around this??

Thanks 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

You can't IF that preset includes the Temp and Tint numbers. You can manually edit a preset as it is just a TEXT file (all XMP files are just text files).

Or you can reset the Temp and Tint sliders to as shot then create a new Preset and uncheck the White Balance check box in the dialog below.

2020-01-25 19_18_50-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't IF that preset includes the Temp and Tint numbers. You can manually edit a preset as it is just a TEXT file (all XMP files are just text files).

Or you can reset the Temp and Tint sliders to as shot then create a new Preset and uncheck the White Balance check box in the dialog below.

2020-01-25 19_18_50-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like the Preset is changing Color Balance.

For any 'User' presets you can change Develop settings and update the Preset.

So start with an un-developed file (or Reset one), apply the problematic preset, change the White Balance sliders back to "As Shot", then [Right-click] the preset and choose [update with current settings].

The preset now will now not change your WB.

The best presets are those that only modify specific development. eg. Exposure only, a Tone curve only.

The Adobe default installed presets cannot be updated but you can apply one (to a reset image) then save a new 'user' preset using the changed development applied by the Adobe preset.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines