• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the highlight color in survey mode?

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two screens, so I have one in the develop module and the other display has a survey mode window open. In the past, the currently-being-developed photo is bordered in white and it is easy to pick it out. The latest update uses an extremely narrow mid-grey border with a light grey background. When I look very, very carefully, I can pick out which one "has focus" (is the primary selection). I do not like having to put so much concentration into determining which photo has primary focus. I like the white border much better. Better still would be a selectable color. So, please, do not tell me that I must live with a two pixel wide border that closely resembled the background color. Tell me how I can fix this. Thank you so much!

P.S. if you can't tell which image is selected below, it's the lower left. And, yes, I can look at the "film strip" in the develop module, but sometimes I'm surveying a dozen or more images that are not all together on the film strip. I really want that white border back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Do a quick [Right-Click] on the 'background' screen and change it to Black, then you will see the white highlight border.

[Right-Click] again to select your preferred background (...grey?).

ScreenShot200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a quick [Right-Click] on the 'background' screen and change it to Black, then you will see the white highlight border.

[Right-Click] again to select your preferred background (...grey?).

ScreenShot200.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next question: is it necessary for it to be so obtuse? Especially since someone changed stuff. The only background with a low contrast is the medium grey. (Please don't answer. I'm just making myself feel better by asking it "out loud". 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom-Classic is 'full' of obtuseness! 🙂

It took me literally years to discover the 'Amount' spinner triangle for the Brush Tool! At least now it is white and not (visibly hidden) dark-grey as it was previously.

ScreenShot209.jpg

I paid money, never regretted, for the Lightroom Queen's "The Missing FAQ Book" and learnt so much.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines