• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I enable my friend onto my account

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started an online diploma in photography along with a friend. I have subscribed to Lightroom Clasic and want to add my friend so she can access it at hers.

Many thanks for any advice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am understanding you properly, you want your friend to use the same software that you have just subscribed to. This is forbidden by the Lightroom Classic license terms, and only you may use the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Someone I know has the app and sais she could have up to 6 users on it. My mistake thinking you could do the same with the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you subscribed, you agreed to the Adobe Creative Cloud Terms of Use including:

5. Your Account.
5.1 Account Information. You are responsible for all activity that occurs via your account even if that activity is not by you or is without your knowledge or consent. Please notify Customer Support immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account. You may not (A) share your account information (except with an authorized account administrator), whether intentionally or unintentionally; or (B) use another person’s account.

That’s because you probably have a “single-user license.” The way to do this legally would be through a multiple-user license, such as one that a school might offer to its students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your concept of your friend having access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone I know has the app and sais she could have up to 6 users on it. My mistake thinking you could do the same with the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, then you might not be completely mistaken. That’s a different situation. The replies we have given so far are if Lightroom Classic was licensed from Adobe. That is typically a single-user license.

But it sounds like your friend has Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic), and they probably licensed it from the Mac App Store. Software from the Mac App Store has different licensing terms. Apple has a feature called Family Sharing that lets an adult share access to App Store purchases to up to five other family members. If you want to know more about how that works, read the Apple web page about Family Sharing, and the Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions.

In short:

• Your friend can share access because they licensed Lightroom through the Mac App Store or iOS App Store, where Apple Family Sharing can be used.
  • You can’t do it because you have Lightroom Classic through a single-user license from Adobe.
  • Lightroom Classic is not available in the Mac App Store, only Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines