• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get Lightoom to link to Topaz Denoise?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Lightroom CC, it has a link to edit in Photoshop but it has not 'found' Topaz Denoise. Any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Open the LrC Preferences and go to the External Editing tab. In the lower dialog area, Additional External Editor, The Preset: line, Click the Choose button.

A File manager type window will open and in that Browse to the drive and folder the external editor that you what to add is located. Select the .EXE or .App file for that programs and then the Choose button. Then click the v at the end of that dialog line and select Save Current setting as New Preset. Give it a name it if doesn;t already h

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the LrC Preferences and go to the External Editing tab. In the lower dialog area, Additional External Editor, The Preset: line, Click the Choose button.

A File manager type window will open and in that Browse to the drive and folder the external editor that you what to add is located. Select the .EXE or .App file for that programs and then the Choose button. Then click the v at the end of that dialog line and select Save Current setting as New Preset. Give it a name it if doesn;t already have one and done or whatever button to make that happen.

It will now show up in the Edit In drop down list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, Just Shoot Me. It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you recommended, however the problem remains... LrC doesn't even open the dialog asking if I want a copy with Lightroom updates, if I'm going to use the original, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @al_perez ,

Sounds like you may have a different problem than what is mentioned in this post (which is already marked as "answered").

To make sure you get the focus in helping you solve your problem, please start a new thread, and include some details about your system (OS version, LrC version, etc), what exact steps you are taking, and what happens. Screen shots showing your actions are helpful as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael! Thanks for answering! Answering your requests:
- LrC: Release 11.0.1 Camera RAW 14.0
- Steps taken:

al_perez_0-1637404521678.png

. Edit>Preferences>External Editing>Additional External Editor>Preset>
     . Delete Topaz Denoise"
     . Clear
     . Restore default presets

al_perez_1-1637404853119.png

. Edit>Preferences>External Editing>Additional External Editor>Preset>

. Choose "Topaz Denoise AI.exe"

. "Save current settinggs as new preset"

. Restart Lightroom Classic

al_perez_2-1637405329886.png

No matter which way I try (alt+ctrl+E or by the menu) the software freezes.

al_perez_3-1637405841560.png

Even the window to choose what file I want to use (copy with LrC adjustments, original, etc...) doesn't open... I hope you can find out what's wrong and help me fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al,

It looks like you have done the right steps. I have the same system as you (Windows 10 21H1, LrC 11.0.1, and Topaz DeNoise AI 3.2.0). My system works just fine - when I choose to Edit in..., I get the dialog asking to edit original or copy, etc, and then Topaz launches correctly.

Have you verified that Topaz DeNoise runs correctly in stand-alone mode?

I would suggest the next troubleshooting step would be to unistall and reinstall Topaz DeNoise AI, as it should find LrC, and install itself as a plug-in editor automatically. After uninstalling, I would remove the "Edit In" entry that you have just to be sure, then reinstall Topaz DeNoise AI and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, the next step I would take after that is to restore LrC Preferences to default.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preference...

Let us know what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael! Thank you for the support!
I've reinstalled Topaz Denoise but that didn't solve my problems. So I tried restoring the LrC Preferences to default and that (finally) solved the issues!
I'm grateful for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines