• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get my Lightroom Classic files to save on my external hard drive and not my internal drive?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using mobile LR plan for some time now and i've recently brought the photography plan so i'm pretty new to this, I wanted to save all of my photos from lightroom classic onto my external harddrive but everytime I go to sync my photos from creative cloud that I was using with LR mobile it ends up filling up my internal drive so theres no space on there.

Its now stopping me from syncing or editing any photos because the lack of space so now i'm having to revert to using LR mobile again which is really annoying.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Preferences in Lightroom Classic, click on the "Lightroom Sync" tab. Then you can set whatever drive and folder you want for synced images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I think thats actually sorted it. Although now I've changed the location of where they're sync'd to will it update the photos that have already sync'd or will I need to do something else for that to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look to see if it moved the photos already synced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use that option and I think it affects only future downloads; you have to move any existing photos yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience was the opposite. There was a dialog box that asked if you wanted to move existing downloads to the new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We’ll go with your answer then. Either I forgot that dialog box appeared, or maybe it didn’t do that in the version of Lightroom Classic when I changed it (it was a long time ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines