• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW DO I IMPORT CATALOGS!?!

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a longtime user of lightroom. I just purchased thew new version, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to import my old catalog.

Everything says go to File -> catalog but I don't have that option. I cannot find a contact for adobe support.

Please help!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot "purchase" a new one, you get a new one and updates all the time with a subscription. If you "purchased" a new version, you may have been taken.

If I've misunderstood you, I apologize, but language can be tricky.

If you want to update your catalog, simply open it with the new version. You should be asked to change the name. If you wish you can provide a new name but it will provide a default update name on it's own otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a subscription purchased from Adobe's website. When I click my old catalog, and go to "open with" and choose lightroom, lightroom presents the following error: "No images that can be imported were found in the selected source..."

Also, when i go to edit-> preferences, there are far fewer options than I am used to seeing. I fear I have purchased some "lite" subscription. It's very different from what I'm used to and seems like there is very little in the way of customizations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I can only import photos, or "Profiles and presets" but nothing in the way of catalogs -  can't even find the word "catalog" mentioned anywhere in the preferences or options menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start again-

Post a screen-clip of the report you see from the Lightroom MENU: Help > System Info...

Then we can answer your questions better.

And are you trying to MERGE Catalogs (Import Catalogs) or OPEN a Catalog?

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s) Screenshots.
What you were doing when the problem occurred

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured it out. I needed to 'migrate' my lightroom classic catalog. I was looking for a way to 'import', not "migrate". Jeez that was frustrating.

Thanks anyways for willingness and the quick replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a "long time user of Lightroom" are you sure you have the right Version.

Lightrooom-CLASSIC v10.. is the latest version of the 'old' perpetual Lightroom.

And having 'Catalogs' would suggest you needed Lightroom-Classic.

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been a longtime user of lightroom. I just purchased thew new version, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to import my old catalog.

Everything says go to File -> catalog but I don't have that option. I cannot find a contact for adobe support.

Please help!!

By @thepatinahat5E55

Everything should say: go to File->Open Catalog. If you don't have that, then you have the wrong software, you do not have Lightroom Classic.

I notice that even though you have been specifically asked to provide the version number of your software, and screen capture of the Help->System Info dialog box, you haven't done that, which would help greatly.

With Lightroom Classic, all you have to do is double-click on your catalog file (in your operating system) to open it in Lightroom Classic.

Also, no one here knows what you mean by 'migrate', but it is not a step needed if you have Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines