• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I open saved slideshows

Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created 3 slideshows and saved them. I later edited some of the music. When I went back to edit the slide shows I can not find any means for opening them up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To re-edit a Slideshow you must have created a 'Saved Slideshow Collection' from the tab.

ScreenShot301.jpg

This creates a special Collection in the Collection Panel that you can re-open by a [Double-click] on the Slideshow Collection, or a [Click] on the white arrow at the end of the SS-Collection name.

ScreenShot302.jpg

You can add or delete files from this special SS-Collection to change the content of images.

You can also duplicate these special collections [Right-Click] and make a 'Copy' that you can edit in a different way.

After you 'Export' a slideshow to a video format the video is unchangeable. You re-edit from the SS Collection and export once again.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added music to the video. The music selections do not stay with the Photo Collections.

I'm having a hard time believing so much effort would go into the slide show and there be no way to save a "Slideshow Project". All the pan settings, slide length, Identity Plate, etc....NOTHING but the collection of photos remain? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested a Slideshow with music-

The selected track stayed with the SS-Collection even after shutting LrC down and re-starting. All settings and music were just as last edited!

Did you actually read my post above?

no way to save a "Slideshow Project".

ScreenShot301.jpg

NOTHING but the collection of photos remain

And is that a specific SAVED SLIDESHOW COLLECTION?

Show me a screen-clip of your SS-Collection in the Collection panel please.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I'm missing something, (Not an uncommon occurence.) I change the collection but the assigned msuic didn't change. Capture.GIFCapture4.GIF2 different slide shows but none of the details on the right change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your are creating the Saved SS-Collections- Great! Looking good.

But I am not able to suggest why you are seeing the same music in both Slideshows, unless you are applying a Saved Template that applies all the settings to a different set of images. (I can show this does occur).

When I apply music to one SS it does not appear if I start a new SS with different images, unless I use a Template that has music (in the template).

My SS Collections retain the Music I have defined in each SS, so I am not seeing your problem.

The often stated- 'Reset Preferences' may be an answer for you. Maybe not!

ScreenShot309.jpg

ScreenShot313.jpg

Also post your problem over at the Feedback site where someone may recognize it as a bug!

Adobe Photoshop Family -Lr Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate you sticking with me on this. 

I'm just starting out with using the SS feature. I'll start over using your workflow guidelines and see if I get different results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can I suggest a Video tutorial-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLmXfFxjdp3CHCRpDULlvcaqWfK_zLPWF2&v=Mq0cnltZFJM&feature=youtu.be

The most important step (IMO) is at the 7-minute mark. ie, [Create a Saved Slideshow]. I think this should be done at the very earliest in the SS creation.

Many have found the Slideshow module wanting for features, and there are better options out there in the internet land. But for a basic Slideshow it is quick (and relatively easy), especially if you save a SS design as a "User Preset" in the Template panel- then you can easily reproduce your SS 'design' for any future Slideshows.

All the best for 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines