• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I recover photos that were moved/recovered and then lost their editing?

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other day I was reorganizng my desktop and moved a folder of images into a new folder. In past experience this has only ever caused me to have to relocate my image files for Lightroom. For some reason, when I relocated my image files this time they disappeared entirely from Lightroom.

I re-imported the files thinking they would just reappear in their new folder and they did except I had the option to update the photos with disc data or overwrite the files. The ones that I did not overwrite kept my development settings but duplicated them twice on the same image (ex. my vibrance set at 8 appeard like it was at 16.) The remaining images had no development on them even though I had developed them.

I attempted to revert to a catalogue from a week ago and all files appeared missing (the !) and without any actual image being shown. How can I recover my pictures with their development data?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NEVER reimport images that got 'lost' in Lightroom. Use this: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines