• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove some or all of my smart previews

Contributor ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to either selectively remove smart previews from my images, or delete all of them but cannot find a way of doing it other than removing them one by one which takes too long. I store all my images on an external drive but now want to create smart previews as and when I need them.  Thank you.

I am running LR Classic v9.2.1 on a iMac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

I assume you are referring to the option under the histogram window that shows "original and smart preview".

I am not.

I am referring to the menu command Library->Previews->Discard Smart Previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Smart previews and 1:1 previews are different.

Smart previews allow you to edit the photo even if the original photo is not available. 1:1 Previews are generated for use in the Library Module.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the photos of interest, then:

Library->Previews->Discard Smart Previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I have tried that. I assume you are referring to the option under the histogram window that shows "original and smart preview". I select all the photos I want to remove smart previews and then do as you say but only the first photo selected has the preview removed. All the advice points to me doing the right thing but it isn't working. Any more help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are referring to the option under the histogram window that shows "original and smart preview".

I am not.

I am referring to the menu command Library->Previews->Discard Smart Previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for that. I am now clear of all my smart previews. However whats the difference between “Discard Smart Previews” and “Discard 1:1 Previews”. I don’t fully understand this definition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart previews and 1:1 previews are different.

Smart previews allow you to edit the photo even if the original photo is not available. 1:1 Previews are generated for use in the Library Module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines