Highlighted

How do I remove the Adobe and LrClassicLogs directories from my Documents directory?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would one remove the Adobe and LrClassicLogs directories from the Documents directory? I am an Adobe Creative Cloud subscriber so Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, Bridge, and Camera Raw are installed in my macOS Catalina 10.15.2.

The Documents directory is at /Users/<username>/Documents. The Adobe and LrClassicLogs are in /Users/<username>/Documents/Adobe and /Users/<username>/Documents/LrClassicLogs. I would prefer they reside one directory up: /Users/<username>/Adobe and /Users/<username>/LrClassicLogs.

Can these directories be moved? When I remove them, they get recreated when I use Create Cloud applications. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 7.43.02 AM.png

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I remove the Adobe and LrClassicLogs directories from my Documents directory?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would one remove the Adobe and LrClassicLogs directories from the Documents directory? I am an Adobe Creative Cloud subscriber so Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, Bridge, and Camera Raw are installed in my macOS Catalina 10.15.2.

The Documents directory is at /Users/<username>/Documents. The Adobe and LrClassicLogs are in /Users/<username>/Documents/Adobe and /Users/<username>/Documents/LrClassicLogs. I would prefer they reside one directory up: /Users/<username>/Adobe and /Users/<username>/LrClassicLogs.

Can these directories be moved? When I remove them, they get recreated when I use Create Cloud applications. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 7.43.02 AM.png

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they can't, at the present. Whether or not you will be able to move them in the future is unknown.

They only show up on Mac computers. I have both a Mac and several Win PCs. No such folder on Windows.

There are no files in those folder, AFAIK.

I personally don't understand why this is such a big deal to some people.

Those folder have no files in them and

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people just want to have cleaned up folders. I totally get it. I do not want to have any log files or setting files of apps in my "Documents" folder either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines