• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I safely move photos from Lightroom CC to Lightroom Classic CC?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Lightroom CC recently and imported about 1000 travel photos, but I decided I much preferred the more familar options of Lightroom Classic CC.  I have an external HD that I use for all my Lightroom Classic photos.  How do I safely move my recently imported travel photos in Lightroom CC (I assume in the cloud) to my external HD so I can edit in Lightroom Classic CC?

I would prefer to keep all the edits and flags I already created in Lightroom CC.

I'm new to "Creative Cloud" and I'm not opposed to syncing and upgrading in the future. I just want all my photos in one place as my workflow requires that I can easily flag pictures and then view the selected flagged pictures afterward. I understand this is not possible in Lightroom CC, which is a shame. Thanks!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi ryans98103,

I would recommend you to let those images sync to Lightroom Classic CC, enable the sync in Classic CC and it will download images from the cloud into your desktop Lightroom Classic CC catalog. You may refer How to sync Lightroom Classic CC desktop with Lightroom CC

You may refer this similar discussion Using Lightroom CC with Lightroom Classic

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryans98103,

I would recommend you to let those images sync to Lightroom Classic CC, enable the sync in Classic CC and it will download images from the cloud into your desktop Lightroom Classic CC catalog. You may refer How to sync Lightroom Classic CC desktop with Lightroom CC

You may refer this similar discussion Using Lightroom CC with Lightroom Classic

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I had exact the same question; but after that can I delete the photos from Lightroom (cloud) or are these deleted too in Lightroom Classic after the next sync? It comes really handy to use Lightroom (the new one) on my laptop on vacation but i generally keep my library on Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines