• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I set a standard color profile in Lightroom?

New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Lightroom (bought it about a week ago), yet I've already learned a lot about it functions.

One thing that is bothering me though is that I cannot seem to find out how to set a stock color profile.

Obviously I'm not talking about the color space you choose when exporting a RAW file as JPEG, but about the color profile that is the very first option in

the Basic-tab in the Develop-section (I've attached a image in case I'm not clear enough).

It is always set to Adobe Color, but I want I want it to be my camera's standard-setting on every picture, without having to manually do that every time.

Does anybody know if and how I can fix that?

Thanks in advance!

Unbenannt.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Everything changed with the update to Lr-Classic v9.2

Default Profile settings for cameras is now in the Preferences.

[ALT+RESET] (and the menus) no longer set 'Defaults'.

See these links-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-set-defaults-for-raw-file-import/td-p/10925693

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-9-2/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the Default Camera Profile easily.

Import a raw photo from your camera,

In the Develop module- set the Camera Profile that you want to use in the Basic Panel {Profile:  },

Then go to the Menu:  Develop > Set Default Settings > Update to current Settings

Now when you import new photos, Lightroom will use your default profile.

You will only see a selection of camera profiles (standard, vivid, landscape, etc) if your photos are 'raw'  (NEF, CR2, ARW, etc)

JPG files have the camera profile embedded by the camera. (But the new 'Artistic' and 'Vintage' ,etc, profiles can still be applied to JPG files)

For photos already in your catalog, you can 'Batch' many files to the same profile by selecting all in the filmstrip of the Develop module, turn 'on' the [AutoSync] and set the profile.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, that finally did it! Again, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer see "Set Default Setting" under the Develop.   Has it moved to another location?   I just would like to know how to reset a default profile.  Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything changed with the update to Lr-Classic v9.2

Default Profile settings for cameras is now in the Preferences.

[ALT+RESET] (and the menus) no longer set 'Defaults'.

See these links-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-set-defaults-for-raw-file-import/...

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-9-2/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WorbertC: 

Thanks very much for your fast response. 

From the older function, I am able to select a specific profile such as "Adobe Landscape" or "Camera Standard V2" as the default.  Right now it only shows Adobe or Camera. Also, I feel the naming is quite confusing.  Under the Preference, it uses "preset" and under the Develop module, it uses "profile".  They are actually two different things.  Do you know if I can still set all my Import from my Nikon Z6 to a specific PROFILE such as "Adobe Landscape" or Nikon Z6's "Camera Standard V2"?  Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I see on the new update is there's no way for me to set "Adobe Standard" as my default colour profile. There's only "Adobe Defult" and "Camera Default". Why would you take away the ability to choose Adobe Standard as a default? And why the need to hide all this away in the preferences now rather than the simple "update to current settings" we used to have? Please can you let me know how I can set ADOBE STANDARD as my default colour profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is to use a Preset.

1) In Develop Set a photo to Adobe Standard

2) Create a Develop Preset-  [Uncheck All] then check [Treatment & Profile]

Name it suitably (eg. 'Set Adobe Standard' )

ScreenShot235.jpg

3) In Preferences/Presets- Choose [Preset] for the 'Master:' option.

ScreenShot236.jpg

4) Select your 'Adobe Standard' Preset.

This is now the 'Default' profile that is applied to every photo you import.

If you use more than one camera you can check the [Override.....] box and then set different Presets for each camera.

I have created my default profile for my camera by using an Xrite ColorChecker Passport- This is the profile I use in a Develop Preset. and the 'Master:' Preference..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines