• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I set multiple virtual copies as the masters?

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to set multiple virtual copies as the master in one command. I have thousands of virtual copies that need to be changed to master, but when I select multiple files, the command Photo > Set Copy as Master only applies only to one file in the selection (the last item in the selection it seems).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps to go the Mac Keyboard settings Shortcuts tab and adding an app-specific key binding. That at least lets me spam-click through files, though it throws up an "Assertion Error" dialog if I click it more than once per second. Maybe it's not a thread-safe command?

It would be really nice to have the command apply to all files in the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the virtual copies are  stacked with the originals you can use this cool plugin from John Beardsworth called Syncomatic using "Upwards to Top Item in Stack" option to do them all at once.  Test your settings on a few first and when you get it working only do a few hundred at a time as Lr sometimes doesnt like huge projects.  I tried it on 3 and it worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to attach the Link to the Plugin

http://www.beardsworth.co.uk/lightroom/syncomatic/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set a virtual copy as a master but I don't have the option Photo>Set Copy as Master. I have the latest LR Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind I found I had to do it in the library annoying having to go to different areas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines