Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop syncing all together?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I once thought that I'd like to sync a catalog with LR Mobile & Web and so I followed the instructions and it all went pretty well. However after a time I decided I didn't want to sync anymore and so I paused it and removed all of the sync photos and now LR Mobile is empty and so is web. But syncing is only paused. I cannot see an option to turn it off.

I have another catalog for work and I would now like to sync that instead. But when I try it tells me that I can't because I'm still syncing the old one. How can I stop (not just pause) syncing my personal catalog?

Regards,

Jon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

There is No Stop Syncing option that I know of.

In the LrC Preferences of the catalog that was syncing go to the Sync Tab and Hold down the Alt key and then click the button to Rebuild Sync Data.

Rebuild Sync Data LrC.png

Then make sure all images are deleted from the web system and Empty the Deleted folder on the web system.

2020-10-31 11_36_07-Old camera shots.png

Then CLOSE that previously Synced catalog file and open the other one.

If the other catalog is on a different computer make sure the first computer is shut down or at least that LrC is

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is No Stop Syncing option that I know of.

In the LrC Preferences of the catalog that was syncing go to the Sync Tab and Hold down the Alt key and then click the button to Rebuild Sync Data.

Rebuild Sync Data LrC.png

Then make sure all images are deleted from the web system and Empty the Deleted folder on the web system.

2020-10-31 11_36_07-Old camera shots.png

Then CLOSE that previously Synced catalog file and open the other one.

If the other catalog is on a different computer make sure the first computer is shut down or at least that LrC is not running on it.

When you go to synce the other catalog you will get an error but along with that error it will ask you if you want to Stop Syncing with the other catalog, Select Yes to stop syncing with the other catalog file.

Then you should be good to go on that new catalog you want to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am away from home currently but I will give that a try tonight. Thank you for the detailed response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this sync feature is one of the worst implementation Adobe has ever done.
In Lightroom Classic I can choose what to sync or not sync via the synced collections (and that's fine) but I can't do the same in the reverse way: in Lightroom every single photo added to the cloud based catalog will be synced with Lightroom Classic.
But why not to use the same logic letting the user choose what to sync or not even from the cloud base side? Album are pretty the same as collections, so why not to use "synced Album"?

No way, everything will be synced.

Moreover one year has passed from this post and we still don't have a "stop sync" button. Not an impressive AI function, just a simple stop sync button. We must do the most unfriendly procedure ever and it's still not clear why Adobe don't put any effort to rationalize this mess. It's so depressing... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines