Highlighted

How do I sync a smart collection to Lightroom Mobile

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The little synchronize symbol does not appear next to smart collections. I guess it is possible to make a normal collection, synch that, then copy the entire smart collection every once in a whlle and paste the smart collection into the normal collection. I think that won't delete deleted photos though.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

1) Create your Smart Collection

2) Create a Collection Set that includes the Smart Collection

3) Create a normal Collection that includes the Collection Set  you created in step #2. Enable sync on this Collection.

Unfortunately, this will just sync a one-time snapshot of the smart collection.   But if the smart collection results change, those changes won't get synced to LR Mobile.   Most people who want to sync smart collections to LR Mobile want LR Mobile to be updated whenever the smart-collection results change: Lightroom: Ability to sync Smart Collections to Lightroom Mobile / lightroom.adobe.com | Photoshop Family Customer Commu…

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I sync a smart collection to Lightroom Mobile

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The little synchronize symbol does not appear next to smart collections. I guess it is possible to make a normal collection, synch that, then copy the entire smart collection every once in a whlle and paste the smart collection into the normal collection. I think that won't delete deleted photos though.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

3) Create a normal Collection that includes the Collection Set  you created in step #2. Enable sync on this Collection.

Unfortunately, this will just sync a one-time snapshot of the smart collection.   But if the smart collection results change, those changes won't get synced to LR Mobile.   Most people who want to sync smart collections to LR Mobile want LR Mobile to be updated whenever the smart-collection results change: Lightroom: Ability to sync Smart Collections to Lightroom Mobile / lightroom.adobe.com | Photoshop Family Customer Commu…

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Smart Collections are not supported for syncing with LR mobile. Hopefully that will change, why not add your vote in this thread from the feedback site:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_should_be_able_to_sync_smart_collect...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
leolaps LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you make  a normal collection ? im having the same issue. Also it seems like nothing is really updating on the phone from the desktop. Thank you in advance for any help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Library module, in the Collections panel, click on the "+" in the Collections header, select "create collection".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later and we still can't sync smart collections? I use smart collections for all my professional work, so this destroys the value of Lightroom Mobile for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the nature of the way dynamic result sets in databases work, I doubt that Adobe will ever implement that feature request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this will just sync a one-time snapshot of the smart collection.   But if the smart collection results change, those changes won't get synced to LR Mobile.   Most people who want to sync smart collections to LR Mobile want LR Mobile to be updated whenever the smart-collection results change: Lightroom: Ability to sync Smart Collections to Lightroom Mobile / lightroom.adobe.com | Photoshop F...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... Apparently not 'Boom' then.

Thanks for the info!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's great! Thank you very much! I will give it shot later today.

Thank you,

Brett

Sent from my Samsung device

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to do this, but does it seem to everyone else that it's impossible to add a Collection Set to a Collection, as JayEskmentioned in step 3?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR won't let you add add a collection set to a collection -- JayEsk's step won't accomplish the goal. However, I just released a new version of the Any Source plugin that will let you sync a smart collection with LR Mobile / Web: Lightroom: Ability to sync Smart Collections to Lightroom Mobile / lightroom.adobe.com | Photoshop F...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn.  The ability to sync smart collections would be a big plus....

Motny

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use the smart collection sync. onto LRM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you add your vote and opinion to this topic in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Ability to sync Smart Collections to Lightroom Mobile / lightroom.adobe.com | Photoshop F...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines