Highlighted

How do I transfer my library from one external HD that I have outgrown to a larger external HD?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photo library had outgrown my initiat external HD and I have a new larger one.  I copied the Catalog from my first HD to my second, but just duplicating it so Lightroom doesn't "know" the second HD's contents.  How do I transfer my photo library from my old Ext. HD to my new one in a way so the Lightroom program knws whats on the new Ext. HD?  The external HD's I have do not have more than one input so I can't see how to chain them together.  Thank You.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I transfer my library from one external HD that I have outgrown to a larger external HD?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photo library had outgrown my initiat external HD and I have a new larger one.  I copied the Catalog from my first HD to my second, but just duplicating it so Lightroom doesn't "know" the second HD's contents.  How do I transfer my photo library from my old Ext. HD to my new one in a way so the Lightroom program knws whats on the new Ext. HD?  The external HD's I have do not have more than one input so I can't see how to chain them together.  Thank You.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See section entitled "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" in this document: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It has taken this  long…too long and painful to explain here, but now here is the situation and it is a tad different than part 2 of that link above.  If you can still help it would be greatly appreciated.

What I have now is an exact copy of my failed external hard drive(EHD).  On that failed EHD were all my photos that Lightroom on my laptop used to be able to see and access.

I want to tell Lightroom to look at this new EHD  and see it like it was the old one, with all the folders and subfolders of images intact and reconnected to Lightroom.  Different from the link  above Part 2 is that I don't also have an EHD that Lightroom already sees all the photos in. 

Can you help?

Thank You,

Charles

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0