• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I update my Lightroom 6 from 32-bit to 64-bit?

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dov+Isaacs
  wrote

By the time MacOS does prohibit 32-bit applications, the updates will be available from Adobe.

How about now? Are these updates ready? Catalina is quickly approaching and I cannot install Lightroom 6, simply because the installer is 32-bit.

I have Lightroom 4 (from the App Store) running well on Catalina. Why can't we get LR6 to that point?? !

(part of thread moved from Acrobat Community to more-appropriate Lightroom Classic Community and title mofified by moderator!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Trying to reinstall my 64bits Lightroom 6 on my new MacBook and been unable to do it because of the 32bits installer... Adobe need to do something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did something. If you get the latest Lightroom, on subscription, it will be installed. No old apps will install; this is a deliberate block by Apple, even of 64-bit apps. This race to spend on new apps is part of the Joy of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer supports v6. Adobe is no longer updating v6. Adobe upgraded from v6, but they changed over to subscription instead of stand alone.

Adobe will not be fixing that installer problem

As we are not Adobe, try venting at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Adobe Techs actually watch that site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I have the same problem. Trying to reinstall my 64bits Lightroom 6 on my new MacBook and been unable to do it because of the 32bits installer... Adobe need to do something."

Adobe said about 3 years ago that Lightroom 6 will be unsupported after December 2017. So it is unsupported. I am 100% sure that Adobe will not modify Lightroom 6 for this (or any other) issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines