• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How install old version LRcc on windows 8.1 vai Creative Cloud ???

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have purchased a photo plan. On a computer with windows 10, LRcc installs with creative cloud without any problems. On a laptop with windows 8.1, I would like to run a program occasionally. Is it possible to install an older version of LRcc on this laptop as part of the photo plan ???? If so, how? There are no options in creative cloud, only a message that the program is incompatible.

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from this published list of system requirements, Windows 10 is required to run Lightroom Classic.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html 

"IF" you were able to find an older version of Lightroom that would install on that version of Windows the catalog would not be compatible with the version that is running under the current Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last fall I installed LRCC via creative cloud on windows 7 !!! I could then
choose to install an older version compatible with this system. Currently,
I do not have a choice - hence my question is there any way to install it
on windows 8.1. When buying a photo plan, I was doing it with older windows
in mind.
Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Older versions of Lightroom Classic did run on Windows 7. Newer versions of Lightroom Classic do not run on Windows 7. I don not remember when that changed. You can try installing it, you may find out that Lightroom Classic 8 will install and run on Windows 7, or it may not install and run.

Lightroom Classic (as best I can remember) never ran on Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, there are no longer any versions of Lightroom "CC". What is available is Lightroom Classic and Lightroom. Lightroom Classic utilizes a local catalog and stores images locally, Lightroom stores images in the cloud. Those are the only two versions Adobe supports anymore, and as far as I know are the only two that are currently available  for download. There may be one or two previous versions available on the Creative Cloud Application Manager, and if they are you should be able to see those and install those. But I don't believe anything that is currently available will run on Windows 8. That operating system is obsolete, no longer supported by Microsoft, and is no longer supported by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the laptop be upgraded to Windows-10? What specs?

I recently upgraded a Toshiba laptop from Windows-7 to W-10.-Free!  Microsoft suggest the 'free' upgrade has ended, but it still can be done.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines