Highlighted

How long does it take for Adobe to add a picture profile for a new lens?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a tamron 28-200 f/2.8-5.6 di iii rxd and was wondering how long does it take Adobe to add a picture profile for lenses to correct distortion? Is there someone I need to contact to get the process started or something?

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How long does it take for Adobe to add a picture profile for a new lens?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a tamron 28-200 f/2.8-5.6 di iii rxd and was wondering how long does it take Adobe to add a picture profile for lenses to correct distortion? Is there someone I need to contact to get the process started or something?

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know. We are not Adobe in this forum, we are just Lightroom Classic users, and Adobe doesn't tell us.

Normally, lenses are added within 1 or 2 updates from when the lens is released, but no guarantees either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tamron is pretty big now, so hopefully it's 1 update. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, new lens profiles ship at same time as new camera support, which is approximately every 3 months. The last update was in mid June. So, I would expect the next update in the mid August to mid September timeframe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
ALZXD LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:''''''( that is a lot of wait damn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this topic in the official feedback forum: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/acr-lightroom-when-will-my-lens-profile-be-av...

Post a reply to that topic indicating the official name of the lens you want profiled.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically a release will combine support for multiple new camera raw formats and lenses plus bug fixes, so if a new lens comes out there isn’t going to be a release just for that one lens. It’s like the way trains or airliners work, anyone showing up between departures will get on the next one. Which tends to work out to roughly every 3 months as mentioned.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought they released mini patches for lenses kinda like video games. So I gotta watit a while, alright.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0