• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long does it usually take to get a Corrections Profile for a new lens?

People's Champ ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that I am one of the first to have the new Nikkor 120-300mm f/2.8 lens, but does anyone know how long it might be before I see a lens corrections profile for it on the list and in the software?

Has anyone else purchased a new lens and had to wait? How long did it take?

Thanks.

artofzootography.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

The typical minimum wait for support of any new hardware is about 2 updates of LR (1.5 development cycles due to the lack of coordination between Adobe and the hardware makers).

Support for new lenses is hard to speculate on. Pro lenses are often scheduled sooner than consumer lenses, popular lenses sooner than not-popular. Which camera they are attached to can also play into the mix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera? Two parts to a lens profile, lens and what camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. That didn't occur to me. Nikon D750 and D500.  I am not sure how the camera makes a difference though, but then again, there are an awful lot of things I don't know. 🙂

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The typical minimum wait for support of any new hardware is about 2 updates of LR (1.5 development cycles due to the lack of coordination between Adobe and the hardware makers).

Support for new lenses is hard to speculate on. Pro lenses are often scheduled sooner than consumer lenses, popular lenses sooner than not-popular. Which camera they are attached to can also play into the mix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The idea of the camera making a difference is enlightening, that's for sure.

Because of the price of the lens ($9,500) I thought they might want to get it done quickly. But since my two cameras, the D750 and D500 are more "prosumer" than professional, even though I make money with them, that might hold things up.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines