Highlighted

How many cameras can you tether to LR simultaneously??

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is it possible to tether multiple cameras to LR at once?

I do product photography for a company and would like to have multiple cameras positioned in different locations to shoot in one session.

The products I work with are fairly large and span usually the length of a room and having to reposition 1 camera every time or move to the next product to get the same consistent shot is very time consuming.

It would benefit me a lot if I can have multiple cameras tethered to LR not only to be able to shoot multiple angles at once, but to be able to name each product as I go. 

I dont want to spend the money on more cameras if this is not possible. I've attempted to look for similar questions, but they all just point to which cameras are compatible and not how many cameras can be tethered at once. Has anyone experimented with this yet?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How many cameras can you tether to LR simultaneously??

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is it possible to tether multiple cameras to LR at once?

I do product photography for a company and would like to have multiple cameras positioned in different locations to shoot in one session.

The products I work with are fairly large and span usually the length of a room and having to reposition 1 camera every time or move to the next product to get the same consistent shot is very time consuming.

It would benefit me a lot if I can have multiple cameras tethered to LR not only to be able to shoot multiple angles at once, but to be able to name each product as I go. 

I dont want to spend the money on more cameras if this is not possible. I've attempted to look for similar questions, but they all just point to which cameras are compatible and not how many cameras can be tethered at once. Has anyone experimented with this yet?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me that the only way to do that would be to have some sort of switching device that would accommodate multiple cameras, and then connect that switching device so that Lightroom would recognize it. I don't know if such a device exists. But without it, I don't see how it would be possible to use multiple cameras simultaneously.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Lightroom 'help' files I have read always refer to "camera" (in the singular).

Hopefully you may get responses from a few who have tried.

Nikon users might be able to multi-tether with other software and 'import' the images by the Auto-Import method.

eg. http://digicamcontrol.com/ScreenShot266.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi The3ed, 

i have the same issue now with multiple products & very tight time, if your have any idea how to solve this problem i would be so thnakful to you ! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution that I have seen for tethering  'Multiple' in Lightroom-Classic, and very few requests.

1 vote 3 years ago- https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-tethered-shooting-with-multiple-cam...

One post- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/tethered-multiple-camera.28037/

For Windows-PC: As above DigiCamControl may allow 'multiple' by using the Auto-Import feature of Lr-Classic.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0
PeeturhJ LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Here it mentiosn that you can tether multiple Nikon cameras- 

If you're using Lightroom Classic version 8.1 or earlier, only one Nikon camera can be attached at a time for tether. In Lightroom Classic version 8.2 (February 2019 release), support for tethering multiple Nikon cameras has been provided. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0