Highlighted

How much cloud storage am I actually using?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 10,000 photos synced via Cloud Storage from lightroom Classic to Lightroom iOS. The majority are raw files, but some jpegs. I know the system is only syncing a preview through the cloud but everything is saying I am only using just over 30MB of my 1TB storage. That seems ridiculously low.

If the true figure is that low I might as well drop down to the 20Gb package and save myself some money. Havent done it yet as I dont have confidence the figure is correct.

Any ideas on how to find out how much is really being used?

TOPICS
Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How much cloud storage am I actually using?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 10,000 photos synced via Cloud Storage from lightroom Classic to Lightroom iOS. The majority are raw files, but some jpegs. I know the system is only syncing a preview through the cloud but everything is saying I am only using just over 30MB of my 1TB storage. That seems ridiculously low.

If the true figure is that low I might as well drop down to the 20Gb package and save myself some money. Havent done it yet as I dont have confidence the figure is correct.

Any ideas on how to find out how much is really being used?

TOPICS
Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images shared FROM Lightroom Classic are smart previews, and do not count against your cloud allotment. In other words, you can share as many collections as you want and they will not impact any of that 1 TB. If you take an image with your iPhone or other mobile device, or import images directly into Lightroom (for the cloud) those images WILL impact that 1 TB allotment. So it all depends on how you intend to use your cloud storage. It doesn't matter whether the images are raw images or JPEG images, the concept is the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. So in other words if I carry on working as I am I can drop to the 20GB plan with no downside.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know exactly how you are working. You will have to make your decision based on the information I have provided you. If you are only sharing images from Lightroom Classic, and not importing images directly to the cloud, then you could probably get by with the 20 GB package. But that is a decision that you will have to make.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks, appreciate that. I will give it a go dropping back down to 20GB. My workflow is pretty exclusively import from camera onto MacBook Pro then catalog and edit in LR/PS. Then view /show previews via LR on iOS. To be honest it might be basic but it works for me so don't feel any drive to change it.

Anything that I shoot on my phone that I want in my main library appears on the MacBook anyway via iCloud and gets moved across,

Thanks for your help, I have a better understanding of how it all works now. If I run out of room I can always step back up again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0