Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add new photos in an existing catalog, not empty

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

So, I have a catalog, create a few weeks, and today I tried to import new photos to him but wasn't possible as I expected.

When I select some pictures from the folder and drag for the inside of LR, my existent pictures (before the operation) disappeared. And the same occurred when I tried using the button "import".

Doesn't possible put more pictures in an existing catalog that already had photos inside?

Regards,

Gabriel Castro Fernandes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Yeap, I think that it's, by default LR import new pictures above existing files.

But (for my happiness), if you put new photos inside the folder that you used to create the catalog, it's possible to sync and see these pics.

For do this, go in folders and click with right button of the mouse in your folder, select "synchronized folder" and a popup will appear showing a count of new pics that you can sync in your catalog (images below).

2018-05-26.png

2018-05-26 (1).png

Thank you for the clear answer, was very useful

Regards,

Gabriel

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the default behavior of Lightroom is to switch to the folder that contains the newly imported images. But if you go to the Library module and look at the list of folders in the left-hand column, I think you will see that all of the previous folders that you have imported are still there and available. Lightroom is just focusing on the new images so that you can work on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap, I think that it's, by default LR import new pictures above existing files.

But (for my happiness), if you put new photos inside the folder that you used to create the catalog, it's possible to sync and see these pics.

For do this, go in folders and click with right button of the mouse in your folder, select "synchronized folder" and a popup will appear showing a count of new pics that you can sync in your catalog (images below).

2018-05-26.png

2018-05-26 (1).png

Thank you for the clear answer, was very useful

Regards,

Gabriel Castro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the left hand side of the Library Module, click on "All Photographs" (its under Catalog)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you are in the LIBRARY section, look to your left and you'll see CATALOG

Look under Catalog and click ALL PHOTOGRAPHS. All photos that have been uploaded that you haven't removed can be found here.

16492197557562704406018023740801.jpg

 

16492198010237378782675111793543.jpg

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines