Highlighted

How to apply a Camera Profiles form a different camera?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

How can I apply a camera profile from a different camera to an Image? ( In Basic at the top)

The profiles seem to be camera specific. Unless the images were taken by the camera model that matches with the profiles, then the profiles will not appear in browser in Lightroom.

There are a lot of different profiles in the folder:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\

How can I apply them?

Thanks very much.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to apply a Camera Profiles form a different camera?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

How can I apply a camera profile from a different camera to an Image? ( In Basic at the top)

The profiles seem to be camera specific. Unless the images were taken by the camera model that matches with the profiles, then the profiles will not appear in browser in Lightroom.

There are a lot of different profiles in the folder:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\

How can I apply them?

Thanks very much.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Matching Profiles are indeed camera specific. The exact camera make and model. You cannot apply them to a different camera.

UNLESS, you hack the camera related metadata (have no idea how, and probably not worth the effort, and could cause issues). You might get away with that for a camera of same mfg, with same sensor, and same processor. 

Alternative is to use a third party preset that mimics the profile in question.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0