Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to buy LR Classic

Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how to actually buy LR Classic? Ive gone to its landing page here:

https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic.html

nd clicked on 'buy' but that just takes me to a page for Adobe's cloud products. ????

How does one actually buy this product if it really exists!

Thank you

Lynden

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what Lr Classic is, A Cloud Product that can only be used with a subscription.

The Photography Plan for $9.99 US a month. you get LrC and Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it isn't. Classic is the desktop app.

The cloud products you are talking about are called 'CC'.

I'm not interested in those. I just want the desktop app. (which is why it is called 'classic' as a reference to it being the 'old way' now that we're all supposed to move to subscription based purchases; no thanks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is officially part of the Adobe Creative Cloud, but it runs on your local computer as its predecessor software always has. You cannot "purchase" it, you can subscribe and receive a license that let's you use Lightroom Classic as long as your subscription is paid. The Cloud portion of Lightroom Classic delivers the software to you, updates the software, checks to make sure your subscription is paid, and also allows option cloud sharing of photos.

There are no products with Lightroom in the name that also have CC in the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. So there is no longer any standalone desktop version now? Everything is subscription based?

Blimey. That's a shame.

Thanks for clarifying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word "standalone" means nothing to me. Lightroom Classic runs on your desktop just as older versions Lightroom 5 and Lightroom 6 ran. If you knew how to use LR 5 or LR 6, then you know how to use Lightroom Classic (except possibly for new features).

Lightroom 5 and Lightroom 6 were one-time purchases. Lightroom Classic is available only by subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Apologies - I didn't realise my knowledge of what Adobe had done was so out of date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There seems to be a general trend towards continuous subscription licensing (with small regular payments), over the former model where people paid a large lump sum for a perpetual license and then occasional further lump sums for upgrades. Easy to forget now, how expensive that overall scheme was - and, how we used to resent being forced into a PS + ACR version upgrade and/or a LR version upgrade, just to get new camera model Raw support or in order to continue working under a newly released OS version. There was some more illusion of choice but in practice skipping updates had been effectively removed as a longterm option.

Subscription smooths this all out, both for the purchaser and for Adobe. It comes at lower longterm cost than the old model (assuming no updates skipped) and with a much easier entry cost. Yearly commitment at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines