Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change Color-value of localized adjustments via LrDevelopController

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I would like to change the Color-value of the localized adjustments using LrDevelopController.setValue( param, value ).  

color.png

Changing the other local adjustment sliders works just fine, e.g. LrDevelopController.setValue("local_Exposure", 0.2). However, I can't address the Color-Value (Hue, Saturation). 

Does anybody know if this is possible and what the correct param names are? I have tried "local_ToningHue" and "local_ToningSaturation" (inspired by the output of photo:getDevelopSettings()) but without success.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

You can change the Saturation slider of a local adjustment using the parameter name "local_Saturation".  But LR doesn't have a Hue slider for local adjustments, so there's nothing for LrDevelopController to adjust:

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.31.16 PM.png

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately that's not what I want. I can adjust the saturation slider just fine but I am

looking for a way to change the color in local adjustments.

color.png

Using photo:getDevelopSettings() these values are reported as "LocalToningHue" and "LocalToningSaturation". That's why I came up trying "local_ToningHue" and "local_ToningSaturation" in LrDevelopController.setValue() analogous to the other sliders, but that does not work...

Maybe I did not make that clear enough, sorry for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Unfortunately, LrDevelopController doesn't provide a parameter for controling the hue and saturation of a local adjustment's color box.

I periodically run a script that tries to discover undocumented modules, functions, methods, etc. including the parameter names accepted by LrDevelopController (many of which are undocumented). It basically runs "strings" over all of LR to generate 2.3M possible identifiers and then tries each one in turn with LrDevelopController.getValue(), seeing if there's a non-nil result. There are no parameters for the color-tonining hue and saturation of local adjustments.

I suggest you post a feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

While Adobe tends to ignore most SDK issues, it has been somewhat responsive to LrDevelopController requests, probably because MIDI controllers are fairly popular. By "somewhat responsive", I mean that they may decide to fix it but the fix could take a year or more.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you could use the undocumented photo:applyDevelopSettings() to change LocalToningHue and LocalToningSaturation.  You'd have to guess which particular local adjustment you want to change, if there is more than one.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John, thanks a lot for your detailed answer! Too bad that the SDK is so incostistent sometimes. Anyway, I'll try the feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines