Highlighted

How to change exposure the same amount on several images

Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I would like to find a way to add say .1 to several images at once. Is this possible? I know that I can sync the exposure of images, but what if they are all shot with different exposures? Is there some way to just bump the exposure up slightly on all of them  at once?

Select the desired photos in the Grid, and then use the Quick Develop panel in the Library Module. Clicking on the single triangle icon changes the selected photos by ±0.33 stops. Shift-clicking changes the selected photos by ±0.17 stops.

TOPICS
How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to change exposure the same amount on several images

Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I would like to find a way to add say .1 to several images at once. Is this possible? I know that I can sync the exposure of images, but what if they are all shot with different exposures? Is there some way to just bump the exposure up slightly on all of them  at once?

Select the desired photos in the Grid, and then use the Quick Develop panel in the Library Module. Clicking on the single triangle icon changes the selected photos by ±0.33 stops. Shift-clicking changes the selected photos by ±0.17 stops.

TOPICS
How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight all the images that you want to modify. Enable auto-sync. Then adjust exposure accordingly. When using auto-sync I think the key is to remember to turn it off when finished.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work. I selected three images to test it. First had an exposure of-.01, second +.30, and third +.46. I changed the first, with Auto Sync on, to.+.10. All exposures are now on +.10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. Do it the way DJ suggested. My mistake.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this did work. It may not adjust it quite as small amount as I wanted to. But it does do what I was wondering. Thank you for the info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Mentor ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another suggestion for overlaying small relative tonal tweaks: Tone Curve.

This works independently of (and, on top of) Basic adjustments whatever those may be.

You can apply, revisit, and perhaps later re-zero, a consistent adjustment across a whole batch of photos (e.g. using AutoSync) without touching their individualised Basic panel settings. So long as you are not already applying Tone Curve adjustments variably to these images, which would be disrupted.

A similar idea might be done with a local adjustment, say a gradient filter set to cover the entire image area. That can be overlaid as a consistent adjustment "overlay" (more accurately, "underlay") onto many images whose other processing otherwise varies. Again, not so good if you are already using this tool onto these images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0