• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Change source disk for Classic

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help.   My external hard disk, on which I store all my images, has failed.   i need to use the back up external drive.   But I cant get it to match my classic library.   Ive tried find missing photos, but no luck.   Any suggestions on how I get everything reorganised/back onto my classic library.   All the images are on the back up drive.   Advivce appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Mac or Windows? The easiest way is to fool Lightroom into thinking that the backup disk is the original disk. On a Macintosh you need to rename the backup disk and give it the exact same name as the original disk had. On a Windows computer you need to give it the same drive letter.

If you have already messed around with other methods, you may have to go back to a catalog backup too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows? The easiest way is to fool Lightroom into thinking that the backup disk is the original disk. On a Macintosh you need to rename the backup disk and give it the exact same name as the original disk had. On a Windows computer you need to give it the same drive letter.

If you have already messed around with other methods, you may have to go back to a catalog backup too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation on MACOS. I had renamed my BU disk as the original one. I can open the catalog, photographs are not appearing properly as if the path is not recognized.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Didier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Didier Bianco wrote:

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation on MACOS. I had renamed my BU disk as the original one. I can open the catalog, photographs are not appearing properly as if the path is not recognized.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Didier

The easiest method is what I described in this thread already: rename the disk again so it has the name that Lightroom expects. If you can't do that for some reason, then you'll have to 'relink' the folders. Relink a top folder and the entire hierarchy is relinked. Read this:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Many thanks.

I'm reading this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem to be replying to myself!   I realised my back up photography disk had a different name.   Changed it to the original name and this seems to have done the trick.   Sorry, I should have checked that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines