Highlighted

How to Change source disk for Classic

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help.   My external hard disk, on which I store all my images, has failed.   i need to use the back up external drive.   But I cant get it to match my classic library.   Ive tried find missing photos, but no luck.   Any suggestions on how I get everything reorganised/back onto my classic library.   All the images are on the back up drive.   Advivce appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

Mac or Windows? The easiest way is to fool Lightroom into thinking that the backup disk is the original disk. On a Macintosh you need to rename the backup disk and give it the exact same name as the original disk had. On a Windows computer you need to give it the same drive letter.

If you have already messed around with other methods, you may have to go back to a catalog backup too.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Change source disk for Classic

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help.   My external hard disk, on which I store all my images, has failed.   i need to use the back up external drive.   But I cant get it to match my classic library.   Ive tried find missing photos, but no luck.   Any suggestions on how I get everything reorganised/back onto my classic library.   All the images are on the back up drive.   Advivce appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

Mac or Windows? The easiest way is to fool Lightroom into thinking that the backup disk is the original disk. On a Macintosh you need to rename the backup disk and give it the exact same name as the original disk had. On a Windows computer you need to give it the same drive letter.

If you have already messed around with other methods, you may have to go back to a catalog backup too.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
momarg LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem to be replying to myself!   I realised my back up photography disk had a different name.   Changed it to the original name and this seems to have done the trick.   Sorry, I should have checked that first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines