• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to clear previous import collection in LR Classic for Windows

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be so elementary but how do I clear the "previous import collection"?

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

As above.

You can not manually Edit/Remove anything from the Catalog section of the Library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

That's what I was afraid of. I'll change the preferences to not go to the "previous import" collection after import. If I want to see what's been imported I'll just go to the folder where the images were imported.

Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to the 'Previous Import' list in the Catalog Panel-

It will be 'Replaced' when you do the next Import!

It is only a temporary list. You photo files have been imported to a FOLDER that will be found in the Folders panel.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically it is referred to as a collection (smart collection). But yes that's what I'm referring to. I will just turn off the option in preferences to display the "previous import" collection after import.

Thanks for responding.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above.

You can not manually Edit/Remove anything from the Catalog section of the Library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was afraid of. I'll change the preferences to not go to the "previous import" collection after import. If I want to see what's been imported I'll just go to the folder where the images were imported.

Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I leave that option turned on but I always change to the actual folder the images were imported to before I start to edit any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines