Highlighted

How to convert dng preset to xmp

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert presets from dng to xmp?

I have got lightroom cc on iPad and lightroom classic on desktop. I have all these presets in Lightroom cc but they are all in dng and it seems not possible to export these to Lightroom classic. 
anyona an idea on how to convert the presets or on how to export them to Lightroom classic? 
thank you

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to convert dng preset to xmp

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert presets from dng to xmp?

I have got lightroom cc on iPad and lightroom classic on desktop. I have all these presets in Lightroom cc but they are all in dng and it seems not possible to export these to Lightroom classic. 
anyona an idea on how to convert the presets or on how to export them to Lightroom classic? 
thank you

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGhgcDVgR6Q

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3
Did you know you can convert Lightroom Mobile Presets (DNG files) into normal Lightroom presets to use on your computer in Lightroom Classic / Lightroom CC? ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My "two bits worth" - 🙂

It is helpful to understand that DNG files are not solely "Presets"in their own right.

DNG files are Digital Negative files designed for 'Photos'

The useful function is that DNG files can also store editing information in the metadata along with the photo data.

So a DNG "Preset" is a  PHOTO + EDIT SETTINGS.

Lightroom can 'read' the Edit Settings in a DNG photo file and then a Preset (that applies the Settings) can be 'saved' for use on other photos.

The link by @GoldingD  describes the method well.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0