• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert dng preset to xmp

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert presets from dng to xmp?

I have got lightroom cc on iPad and lightroom classic on desktop. I have all these presets in Lightroom cc but they are all in dng and it seems not possible to export these to Lightroom classic. 
anyona an idea on how to convert the presets or on how to export them to Lightroom classic? 
thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My "two bits worth" - 🙂

It is helpful to understand that DNG files are not solely "Presets"in their own right.

DNG files are Digital Negative files designed for 'Photos'

The useful function is that DNG files can also store editing information in the metadata along with the photo data.

So a DNG "Preset" is a  PHOTO + EDIT SETTINGS.

Lightroom can 'read' the Edit Settings in a DNG photo file and then a Preset (that applies the Settings) can be 'saved' for use on other photos.

The link by @GoldingD  describes the method well.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines