• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to copy a Collection to a different location with LR Classic

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Collection on a different computer where the images come from different folders. When I use Export as a Catalog, the paths of the images in the Collection are then used on the destination drive. Since the destination drive does not use the same folder structure as the source, is there a way the destination folder(s) can be modified?

I could use the Lightroom Move once they are in place and move the images to different folders.

Also, I have noticed that the Collection name is not added to the Collections on the destination drive. Is that normal? What would happen if the Collection was a Collection used in creating a Book?

Greatly appreciate you help.

Todd

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to point Lightroom Classic to the location of the photos on the second computer. Here's an explanation of how to do that (hopefully you can do this entire folders at one time, or entire tree of folders at one time). http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I did not know about Update Folder Location even though I have been using LR for many years.

<<< Also, I have noticed that the Collection name is not added to the Collections on the destination drive. Is that normal? >>>

Is that normal - the Collection name is not added to the Collections on the second computer?

Again, thank you...

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I never had two catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Since the destination drive does not use the same folder structure as the source, is there a way the destination folder(s) can be modified?"

Try using the below settings, which will place a copy of the folders with picture files in the catalog folder. You can then move the catlog folder to the other computer, organize the pictures however you like, and merge it with you're working catalog. In addition the Collection will have the original name. If this isn't what you're trying to do you'll need to provide more details.

Export as Catalog.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That is what I plan to do.

Todd Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines