• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to copy my adjustments for the same pics in other HD?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i was editing a Wedding and a lost all my pics. I start to edit those pics on my backup but i dont want to start from the beguining. 

How can i can copy the things i did and the other hd for the new backup?

i need those adjustments 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you may have selected the wrong catalog file, which will make it look like you lost your pictures. Inside LrC go to File> Open Recent and try opening all of the .lrcat files you see. If none of them appear correct search your system for .lrcat using File Explorer or Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
I really lost the pics. My hd crashs on the floor. So i start to use the
backup.
But i was finishing and now i have to start again?? 😞
--
|| Fotógrafa e Filmmaker ||
www.zoguimaraes.com
::21 98764-9010::

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you "lost all my pics" (which I'm not convinced you did as explained by @Todd Shaner ), then:

Now (and not later) is a good time for you to learn about how the Lightroom Classic catalog works. The edits you create are stored in the catalog. There is not a concept of "copying edits" to another instance of the photo. The edits are in the catalog, they are still there even if your photos are not on your hard disk; and you simply have to tell the Lightroom Classic catalog to now apply these edits to copies of the photo on a different disk. You can do this via these instructions: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm. Please note: importing the photos is NOT a solution and will actually make the situation worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
I realmente lost the pics. My hd crashs on the floor. So i start to use the
backup.
But i was finishing and now i have to start again?? 😞
--
www.zoguimaraes.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you don't have to start again. You have to point Lightroom to use the other disk, as explained at the link I gave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok. Thank you very much

--
www.zoguimaraes.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines