Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to crop to all the way to the edges

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I want to crop my lightroom images to a 16:9 aspect ratio and crop all the way to the edges. When I sync the aspect ratio to other images the other images are never cropped until the edges. Can I use a setting where lightroom is cropping to a 16:9 aspect ratio but always crops all the way to the edges?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you do not sync the aspect ratio, but sync the crop in pixels. Apparently you synced from a relatively small image. If you choose '16:9' rather than sync it, the crop should be all the way to the edges. And if you start from an image with the same size or bigger than this one, then syncing should work (because you cannot crop outside the edges).

By the way: if you want to insert a picture, then use this icon to embed it rather than attach it.

image.jpeg

That way people see the picture in the message and do not have to download it. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell when imposing a new aspect ratio on an image, Lightroom stays always within its prior crop - trimming that smaller only, not enlarging it on any side. This is perhaps on the assumption that people will not want parts of the scene that they have deliberately cropped away, to come back into frame again.

So it would be necessary to get rid of that prior crop first, so that the entire image area is then available for the new aspect ratio to be trimmed down to (otherwise, to impose the aspect ratio first, and then enlarge this to the image edges - either way, a two-stage operation).

Fortunately turning on AutoSync helps us perform a sequence of actions onto multiple highlighted images together. For example: Reset the crop (for all these images) and then select 16:9 aspect (for all these images). Remembering to turn AutoSync off again, if you don't normally leave that active. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
If you can please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box.
If you can't edit your post please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines