How to Deactivate Lightroom 6 on Dead Computer

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help!  I had a laptop with LR 6 installed.  It suddenly died and now when I try to activate LR6 on my new laptop, it says that I have reached my limit of activated computers.  Is there a way to deactivate the dead computer?  I have contacted Adobe live support and they referred me here for answers as they no longer support that version of LR.  I am willing to upgrade the program, however I don't want a subscription and I don't need the cloud.  Highly frustrating!  Thanks in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021
You have to contact Adobe, either by live chat or on the phone and tell them you want to de-activate a Lightroom 6 installation. Please be sure to indicate you are not asking for technical support for Lightroom 6, which the help desk at Adobe is trained not to answer.

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to contact Adobe, either by live chat or on the phone and tell them you want to de-activate a Lightroom 6 installation. Please be sure to indicate you are not asking for technical support for Lightroom 6, which the help desk at Adobe is trained not to answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The info provided by dj_paige is the basic reality. You have no way to deactivate the Lightroom app on the dead PC. That task can only be performed by Adobe Staff.

If you have Lightroom installed it's best not to uninstall. The application will not boot until Adobe activates it for you.

In the event you need further help please provide details of your computer including the exact version number that is installed. also the actual version number that is installed.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.5, LrC 10.3, Lr 4.3, Ps 22.4.3, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines