Highlighted

How to Delete a Catalog?

Participant ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I enabled sync in LR, I got a dialog that reads:

"You can only sync a single LR catalog. You are currently syncing Lightroom Catalog.lrcat
Would you like to sync "Lightroom_catalog-2.lrcat" instead"

Will it work to use Windows Explorer and delete the catalog(s) that way? I'm just beginning with LR so I don't care if everything is deleted.

(I could find no current or relevant info on how to delete a catalog)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Delete a Catalog?

Participant ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I enabled sync in LR, I got a dialog that reads:

"You can only sync a single LR catalog. You are currently syncing Lightroom Catalog.lrcat
Would you like to sync "Lightroom_catalog-2.lrcat" instead"

Will it work to use Windows Explorer and delete the catalog(s) that way? I'm just beginning with LR so I don't care if everything is deleted.

(I could find no current or relevant info on how to delete a catalog)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably better that  you Not delete a catalog until you are certain that you know what you are deleting. First make sure that the -2.lrcat file is the one  that you want to sync, then sync it and make sure it's okay. Then you can delete your old catalog. Again you need to make sure that the -2.lrcat file is the right one before you delete the old  one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand and thank you for your reply. Since I'm just starting with LR and I have nothing I want to save, then would it be okay to delete? I'm in the process of addressing other LR issues and I'd feel better starting fresh.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
cmgap LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. It's great that you can make a clean start. Go to your  Pictures/Lightroom folder and you will be able to drag the files to the trash from there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines