• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete a "saved as a copy" in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I can no longer "Save  as" in Photoshop (2021 on my Macpro), I "save a copy" in order to save in JPEG format.

How do I now delete the original in Lightroom Classic without also deleting the just created copy that I want to save? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Are you selecting a RAW photo file in Lr-Classic to send to Photoshop [Edit In]?

A [SAVE] from Photoshop will return a TIF or PSD back to the LrC Catalog (a preferences option for External Editors).

If you want a JPG of this new file- then you can EXPORT a JPG from the TIF/PSD in LrC at any time.

Why would you want to delete an 'original' raw file?  That is like discarding film negatives.

Neither [Save a Copy] nor [Save As] will return a file to the LrC Catalog. Using these functions in Ps- yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you selecting a RAW photo file in Lr-Classic to send to Photoshop [Edit In]?

A [SAVE] from Photoshop will return a TIF or PSD back to the LrC Catalog (a preferences option for External Editors).

If you want a JPG of this new file- then you can EXPORT a JPG from the TIF/PSD in LrC at any time.

Why would you want to delete an 'original' raw file?  That is like discarding film negatives.

Neither [Save a Copy] nor [Save As] will return a file to the LrC Catalog. Using these functions in Ps- you must do a 'Folder Synchronize to Import the new JPG to the LrC Catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines