• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete extra custom watermark presets in Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm two weeks into learning Lightroom Classic (Version 9.3) and I've created a few custom watermark presets. It appears LRC doesn't "allow" you to delete these presets. I had to create a new one in place of the one I ended up not wanting. Anyhow, I looked up how to delete watermark presets that I've created and I cannot find a solution that works. The last info I found on this was from 2014. Can someone help! Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

how to delete watermark presets-

In LrC-

1) Open the Watermark Editor

2) Open the drop-down menu at the top of the Editor

3) Select the Watermark that you want to delete

4) Open the drop-down menu at the top of the Editor

5) Click on the option to [Delete Preset.....]

ScreenShot441.jpg     ScreenShot442.jpg

Or look in the system folders for the {Watermarks} folder and delete them with the OS.

(eg. in Windows-  C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the preset and there should be an option displayed.

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 1.29.14 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to delete watermark presets-

In LrC-

1) Open the Watermark Editor

2) Open the drop-down menu at the top of the Editor

3) Select the Watermark that you want to delete

4) Open the drop-down menu at the top of the Editor

5) Click on the option to [Delete Preset.....]

ScreenShot441.jpg     ScreenShot442.jpg

Or look in the system folders for the {Watermarks} folder and delete them with the OS.

(eg. in Windows-  C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Wobert C.! So easy - now why didn't I think of that?

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the simplest way to what you want is to go to the Watermarks folder on your hard drive, it is in your username folder, and Delete them there. You do that with LrC closed.

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks

2020-07-05 22_56_30-C__Users_Edward_AppData_Roaming_Adobe_Lightroom_Watermarks.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hows that!! Three different options!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do a screen shot , to see where is the editor for watermark????to delete some of the preset watermarks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - I have no option to delete in the bookmark editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what don't you understand in the answers given?

(I Presume you mean 'Watermark editor')

To do it in the LrC Waternark Editor- The option to Delete a Preset will only appear AFTER you have selected the Preset you want to delete.

1) Click the Dropdown menu-

2023-05-13 15_58_02-Watermark Editor.jpg

2) Choose the Preset you want to delete

2023-05-13 15_58_34-Watermark Editor.jpg

3) Click the Dropdown menu again and- Delete preset "xxxxx"..

2023-05-13 15_58_53-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reponse. My Watermark Editor does not give me the option to delete - even if I select the watermark.

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 10.41.28.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have edited the 'Absa 10k' - so it 'Absa 10k (edited)' does not yet exist as a Preset.

Simply SELECT 'Absa 10k' from the list (Do not change it at all), then the Delete option will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob. I still do not understand the system logic. Some presets allow the delete option, others not. I managed to get rid of a few, but a pesky few remain. I do not attempt to change any, I simply select them from the drop-down, without getting a delete option. I also don't understand why whenever I change any of the presets, I have to save it under a different name. That's where the trouble started with the heaps of unused presets!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I found the problem - you FIRST have to Update the preset, then the delete option becomes available. Great UI, Adobe. Jeez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh!!!  Thank you for the "Ah, I found the problem - you FIRST have to Update the preset, then the delete option becomes available. Great UI, Adobe. Jeez." suggestion!!!!  This works!!!  I have been trying to figure this out for a very long time!! Whoo Hoo!!  Deleting a bunch of the large list of unused watermark presets!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gina32069297kwk9   Or the suggestion from @Just Shoot Me on 6thJuly  is easy!

"Actually the simplest way to what you want is to go to the Watermarks folder on your hard drive, it is in your username folder, and Delete them there. You do that with LrC closed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find this option anywhere....I am so frustrated lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lori11 Which option can't you find?

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number.
Operating system and Version number
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jes*s!!!  I've been fiddling around for hours trying to delete some old watermarks, including looking at some YouTube videos. They SKIP the bit about updating first.  What ... a ... HASSLE.  And what is the purpose of that redundant step?  Anyway, thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@marconiphone  Re: "updating first"-  Perhaps it seems a hassle but, If you have made a change to a WM preset and it shows as  {WM-Name (Edited) } then you have not actually yet saved this (edited) WM to disk- so it does not exist to be able to Delete. The [Delete] option does not show.

The original {WM-Name} will allow you to delete it from this context menu, or use the simpler method given by @Just Shoot Me -"go to the Watermarks folder on your hard drive, it is in your username folder, and Delete them there. You do that with LrC closed"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I've finally gotten to clean that mess of watermaks up!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines