Highlighted

how to delete faces?

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after indexing faces on LR CC, sometimes i get things that are rocks or other objects that aren't faces, on LR 6 i simply click on that square and click "del" on the keyboard and it was deleted, on LR CC the "del" key never works and the only way to delete a face is to open that image in the library and delete it on the image. it's a huge downgrade for me.

is there any way to activate the "del" key to work directly on "people"?

i'm working with a huge library and i'm finding LR CC less practical than LR 6. if i can't deal with this can i convert my actual db on LR CC back to LR 6?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how to delete faces?

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after indexing faces on LR CC, sometimes i get things that are rocks or other objects that aren't faces, on LR 6 i simply click on that square and click "del" on the keyboard and it was deleted, on LR CC the "del" key never works and the only way to delete a face is to open that image in the library and delete it on the image. it's a huge downgrade for me.

is there any way to activate the "del" key to work directly on "people"?

i'm working with a huge library and i'm finding LR CC less practical than LR 6. if i can't deal with this can i convert my actual db on LR CC back to LR 6?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do the menu command Help > System Info and copy the first ten lines here, so we know precisely which version of LR you're running. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 8.1 [ 1200465 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Version: 10.0.17134

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2,8 GHz

Built-in memory: 32647,4 MB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has changed the names, confusingly. You're running Lightroom Classic 8.1; "Lightroom CC" refers to the cloud-based Lightroom and is a different program with fewer features.

In LR 8.1, I'm able to use the delete key to remove suggested faces. See this screen recording:

Dropbox - deleting-faces.2019.02.01.mov

If you're observing something different, a screen recording would be the most efficient way of showing us.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what i see in the video is the way it was in LR 6, it was great. but in the LR version that i'm using now it doesn't work that way. it's impossible to delete faces.

in fact i'm hating this new LR. i've been using LR since the first version, and this new one not only seems more limited but it's also crashing every 5 minutes or so. it's horrible.

probably the best for me is to return to the stable LR 6. i'm just wondering if i can convert my actual LR files to LR 6. is it possible?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well... just forget every thing.

this damn horrible LR version is now crashing over and over on start and i can't do anything.

it's so fast to crash now that i hardly had time to create a new empty library to test. but nothing seems to solve the problem, so... i'm officially out of my job until i find a way to return to LR 6.

this was a horrible idea to move to the hateful LR 8.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this new one not only seems more limited

Hmm, your Help > System Info shows you running LR 8.1, which has more features than LR 6.  Triple-check you're actually running LR Classic 8.1 and not the new LR CC.

this damn horrible LR version is now crashing over and over on start

Some initial troubleshooting steps that often (but not always) help:

- Reset LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

- Uncheck the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.

- Follow the other graphics-driver troubleshooting steps: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Paulgi LATEST
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found out today that all problems were caused by having my tablet connected to my laptop. looks like LR 8 crashes if i have my tablet or my phone connected or charging in my laptop. now I know that LR 8 is not compatible with android devices connected while running. i wasn't aware of that. it was ok to have LR 6 with the tablet connected.

anyway, now i can delete faces on people view but not when i'm on the "similar" window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines