Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to download full resolution jpegs when using LR CC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using LrC on my desktop and import my pictures here (i.e. locally saved on my hard disk). These pictures are then syncronized and uploaded on the Adobe Cloud and I have access to them when using LR on my laptop for instance.

The problem is, that I can't export the edited pictures on my laptop in full resolution when using LR. I always get an error message (Picture could not be exported in the requested size, since the original was not available in full resolution).

It appears, that the pictures in the cloud have only been saved in a smaller resolution. How can I change this so that I can download full resultion jpeg's on my laptop when using Lr ?

Thanks for your support.

Rolf

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic never sends full resolution images to the cloud. You'd have to use Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic) when uploading to the cloud to get full-sized images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick answer. I will do so in the future for new import. However, is there any other way to get the 20k pictures, I have saved locally on my hard disk from the time when I have only worked with LrC into the cloud in full resolution ? I have only started to use Lr  since a couple of weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless you have the 1 TB cloud storage plan (and even then that might not be enough Cloud storage space) you will fill up your Allotted 20GBs very fast.

I suggest you Pick One version of Lr, Classic or the Cloud Desktop version, and stick with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above but instead of using the Lr Desktop program on your notebook to upload full res JPGs to the cloud system just use LrC to Export those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines