• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable Comments in Library module

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the right side of the library module, below the metadata, is a place for "Comments". I have a message "Comments not supported here". Is there a way to turn this on? What is it for if it is not supported.

I was hoping to be able to make notes of some of the process that I used for developing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Turn on EXIF or EXIF and IPTC and use the User Comment field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comments are written by people who react to your web published images. If you look at a view that is not published, then comments are not supported in that view.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on EXIF or EXIF and IPTC and use the User Comment field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, just what I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'll find that the free 'Big Note' plugin by John Beardsworth is a better option. It was originally written for doing what you're attempting to do with the Comment field

http://lightroomsolutions.com/plug-ins/big-note/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although very useful, unfortunately "Big Note" doesn't save the metadata to XMP or the files on export if the OP wants that, John even acknowledges that.   The Use Comment field does.  You can easily add new lines in the User Comment field using CTRL-Enter, at least on my Mac so the OP can have separate paragraphs  for different processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines