Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to extract preview when you lost your original images on Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I am desperately trying to find a way to extract previews on Lightroom Classic since I did erased by mistake my original images.

I tryied Scripts Exctract Previews by unfortunalety just one image come up on fourty one... I don't know why.

Please help me. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this one.

This plugin works in Lightroom Classic, and older versions as far back as Lightroom 4.

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/preview-extraction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I was able to have again this images even if the quality is slightly lower. 

I am so happy! It did really made my day. Thank you. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"erased by mistake my original images."

Check the Windows Recycle bin or Mac Trash for the deleted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the files was so heavy that my Windows bin erased it completely because it was too heavy to go in the bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first step should be to restore the backups of your original images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed to restore my backup catalog but it didn't work properly because in the catalog the images was missing as well. 

But when you say 'to restore the backups of your original images' are there an other way than with catalog?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean restore backups of the photo files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But when you say 'to restore the backups of your original images' are there an other way than with catalog?"

The LrC catalog file contains all of your editing information, but NOT the actual imported image files. In addition to the LrC Catalog Backups you need to use a separate file synchronization backup application for the image files. The LrC Catallog and image file Backup should be on a separate 2nd HDD or Cloud storage. The cheapest solution is to use an external USB 3.0 portable HDD such as the WD Elements or Passport. Here are some file synchronization applications:

https://windowsreport.com/best-windows-10-file-sync-software/

You should backup all of your Windows Library folders (My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, My Videos, etc.) and any other folders that contain media and document files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines