• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get a trial copy of Light room classic

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure most people will say this is obvious - but not to me, it isn't. I have seen enough  marketing behaviour over the years by adobe which is objectionable to me that I am somewhat reluctant to deal with the company. However, I need to move on from my copy of Lightroom Version 6, perpetual licence.

The problem is I only want to get a trial copy of the desktop version of Lightroom. Adobe's marketing has completely confused me as to what it is called  - I see the names Lightroom. Photoshop Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, desktop Lightroom, desktop Lightroom Classic, Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom CC. I have no idea which one of these names applies.

If I Google a search on how to download a trial of LightRoom Classic for the desktop, the Adobe pages that I am directed to reveal I will be installing Adobe Creative Cloud. That is not what I want.

It also tells me that it will automatically start billing me on a monthly subscription plan (which I understand I would have to continue for a year) after 7 days, without giving any idea of whether or not that is 168 hours, or only 6 days if I start the install just before midnight.  I fear other tricks too, like apparently failing to receive my notice of cancellation within the 7 days for a spurious reason. (The usual questionable marketing methods employed by some other  high tech. companies)

So where do I go to get the desktop only trial version of Lightroom, with no Creative Cloud implications or lock-ins, that I can try out for a full 7 days, with the option to cancel if I find that the functional enhancements made to Lightroom, since my purchase of version 6, do not justify the on-going cost (and lock-in with a company for which I have no respect), for my use-case of Lightroom ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic is only available via the Adobe Photography subscription which is. Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom (cloud-based) apps a monthly or annual subscription. You have to create an Adobe a/c the trial which is available for seven days. If you do not wish to continue, you must cancel prior to the expiry of the seven days or payments will be applied to you a/c.

Lightroom Classic is not offered as a single application, Lightroom (cloud-based) can be obtained as a single app.

Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 12.40.03 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines