• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get Lightroom 6 stand alone license reset

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought a new desktop computer. I have a licensed Lightroom 6 standalone copy on my old desktop and one on a laptop. I installed Lightroom 6 on my new desktop and when trying to license it, it said the serial number is correct, but it is in use by too many computers. I researched how to deactivate the old desktop and found that I should use the sign out option in the help menu. I signed out and Lightroom is no longer licensed on the old desktop. I tried to license Lightroom on the new computer, but still got the same message. I now have only one working copy on my laptop. I tried chatting with support, but they could not help and directed me here.  

Is it possible to reset the licenses somehow to make it possible to get rid of the block, which is preventing me from using the software I bought? I don't want to have a cloud subsription. I am perfectly happy with my stand alone version. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html click on the chat icon at the bottom right, tell them you need to de-activate some LR 6 installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html click on the chat icon at the bottom right, tell them you need to de-activate some LR 6 installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted chat support a second time and this time I got someone who understood my issue and reset my activations. It works fine now.

Thank you for youor help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have read serval of these forums since this is where the Chat and Tech support told me to go. I have the same problem. I own Lightroom 6 and have my serial number however, after installing on the new computer I now have 27 days before they shut down my program. How many people has this happened to. I am thinking hundreds. I am not asking that that keep the program from malfunctioning or give me free updates. All I am asking is they not lock me out in 27 days, becasue I am not on the monthly subscription plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines