Highlighted

How to I download the Lightroom Classic plugin SDK

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get starting on developing a plugin for Lightroom Classic to fill in a missing function that I want.

When I go to this download page:

https://console.adobe.io/downloads/lr

I either get a blank page or sometimes the following error in red: "An error occurred. Please try again later."

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 7.10.06 pm.png

I just spent 1.5 hours with Adobe's chat support, and they've told me to do the following, none of them works:

1. Refresh the page.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Try clicking away and then clicking back.
  4. Disable firewall.
  5. Make sure there's no proxy setup for my network.

Yup, that's literally all their suggestions, most of the time was spent waiting (and I'm obviously pretty frustrated by the whole experience).

Does anyone here know how I can download the Lightroom Classic SDK or basically just get started with developing a plugin for LR Classic?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

When I first went to that URL in my Chrome, I got a page of product icons that weren't clickable. After a few minutes, I was able to click on LR Classic and download the SDK and save a copy for you (including the Guide):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd8vldflthsfs8m/lr-sdk.2020.06.23.zip?dl=0

When I go to console.adobe.io in Safari and navigate to the downloads section and click on LR Classic, I get the same error message:

johnrellis_0-1592924323922.png

This smells like an Adobe.com sign-in error -- they've been having all sorts of problems with their authentication services in the past month.

Over the past couple of years, that part of the Adobe.io site has been flaky and confusing -- the developers made a trivial web page needlessly "interactive" for no good reason other than they think it's cool.

Also, in the future, I recommend staying away from Adobe support for anything that's not absolutely trivial or related to billing -- they're poorly trained, they're just reading from scripts, they won't admit when they don't have a clue, and they waste your time.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Topics

Problem or error, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to I download the Lightroom Classic plugin SDK

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get starting on developing a plugin for Lightroom Classic to fill in a missing function that I want.

When I go to this download page:

https://console.adobe.io/downloads/lr

I either get a blank page or sometimes the following error in red: "An error occurred. Please try again later."

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 7.10.06 pm.png

I just spent 1.5 hours with Adobe's chat support, and they've told me to do the following, none of them works:

1. Refresh the page.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Try clicking away and then clicking back.
  4. Disable firewall.
  5. Make sure there's no proxy setup for my network.

Yup, that's literally all their suggestions, most of the time was spent waiting (and I'm obviously pretty frustrated by the whole experience).

Does anyone here know how I can download the Lightroom Classic SDK or basically just get started with developing a plugin for LR Classic?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

When I first went to that URL in my Chrome, I got a page of product icons that weren't clickable. After a few minutes, I was able to click on LR Classic and download the SDK and save a copy for you (including the Guide):

When I go to console.adobe.io in Safari and navigate to the downloads section and click on LR Classic, I get the same error message:

This smells like an Adobe.com sign-in error -- they've been having all sorts of problems with their authentication services in the past month.

Over the past couple of years, that part of the Adobe.io site has been flaky and confusing -- the developers made a trivial web page needlessly "interactive" for no good reason other than they think it's cool.

Also, in the future, I recommend staying away from Adobe support for anything that's not absolutely trivial or related to billing -- they're poorly trained, they're just reading from scripts, they won't admit when they don't have a clue, and they waste your time.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Topics

Problem or error, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh lucky you! I just tried Chrome and this is what I get.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 12.16.51 am.png

Thanks for the download link you legend! That saved me so much time in having to deal with Adobe's support again. They're complete time wasters I reckon, the guy I spoke to actually asked me to ask about this in the Cloud Documents community. And before that he disappeared for 25 minutes claiming that he had disconnected. 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0