Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To influence the auto development parameters

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi LRC gurus.

Is there way to tell LRC to slightly change the parameters for the auto devellopement. For ex: less vibrance, more contrast and so on. I don't want really to make my own predefined parameters but continue to let LRC do the auto job but with some influences and few preferences of my own. Is that possible ?

thanks for any advice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no.

About the only option you have is to create a Preset that re-sets the Auto for these settings. Unfortunately (common word in this answer, sorry), this cannot be relative, only absolute. So if Vibrance is jumped to 10 in one image and 20 in another, the Preset can only go to (say) 7 if that's what you want for the Preset. It cannot be (say) 45% of whatever Auto set it as.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the first to ask for that, so brilliant minds think alike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above No there isn't.

And even if you created a Preset of whatever changes were made that preset would be for that One image and if applied to some other images they would not be the same look as on the original image.

Auto is what LrC Thinks needs to be adjusted. It is completely different from image to image. Even if you took 5 shots of the same subject from the same place with, supposedly, the same lighting within 5 seconds everytime you clicked the Auto button LrC would more than likely apply different adkustments to each of those images.

You should use it as a Base to start your own Editing to each individual image. Or Not, Don't use that option at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the Bag O Goodies plugin. It lets you apply Auto Settings with tweaks to the different sliders.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your answers.

@gary_sc  yes presets are not the best way I want to acheive that. And happy to be new member of the brilliant minds 😉

@Just Shoot Me using the auto dev as a base to start my own edits is what i already do very often, ans I almost always made the same changes : remove vibrance, saturation, add more contrast... I wanted to automate these

@johnrellis yes, the personalized-auto-tone seems to be the right tool for that, I'll try it out, thanks a lot. Anybody have already used it ? Is it ok to install it ? (this will b emy 1st plugin install...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Anybody have already used it ? Is it ok to install it ?"

I haven't used it but I've seen reports on the forums over the last few years of others who like it. The author Jeffrey Friedl is the leading developer of LR plugins.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed these plugins and played with the personalized-auto-tone for hours but doesn't fit my needs, it's a good start but not as accurate as I expected.

For now the only solution I found that works better is to use the standard auto and adjust parameters after to fit my tastes.

Hope something will be possible in a next release to have better parametrization of the auto settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines