• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install an older version of Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pay monthly for Adobe Photogoraphy plan, where I have the access to Lightroom for my desktop. During an issue last month, I had to clean out my computer, including my Lightroom program. I believe I was running an older version of Lightroom because now I cannot download the version offered on the adobe website due to my OS being not compatible. How do I install an older version of Lightroom that works with my OS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS? version/build?

What CPU, model/speed?

How much RAM

How much hard drive space available on your root drive?

What if any is your GPU, make/model?

If no actual GPU, what is your integrated video control?

also

Make/model of computer?

Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, All in One, or other?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you downloaded and installed the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App?

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

If so, what version?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 8.1

asus ( not sure model)

laptop

8g ram

64 bit os, x64 processor

and yes i have the cloud app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 8.1

Yep, that can be a huge problem. Adobe does not support Windows 8. They see it as .....

from the Adobe support page previously posted (requirements)

**  Not supported on Windows 8.1, Windows 10 versions 1511, 1703, 1709, and 1803

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did at one time because I have been using Lightroom on this OS for over 3 years now. Is there any way to get my older version of Lightroom back? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some older versions are available via the Creative Cloud Application Manager. What operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.1. I went into the settings on my Creative Cloud App Manager and turned on the switch that says to show older versions. But there's still nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, can your computer support Windows 10?

I do not know if some free upgrade path still exists. I assume you did not take advantage when MS was giving Windows 10 upgrades away for free, is because your answer to the above is no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no idea about that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently installing Windows 10 using the link below. Hoping that fixes the issue.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you get Windows 10 running you'll be able to install Lightroom Classic 9.4, the current release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully not much has changed since 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basic operation and functionality is the same. But there are a lot of new features that I think you will find appealing. It might  take you a few minutes to get accustomed to what's new, but it's not that foreign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I suspect you were running Lightroom Classic v7. Apparently that might support Windows 8

Probably need a direct download link to accomplish that.

One thing you can try, and this will not work on Windows 7 or 10, but as Windows 8 is odd, maybe, cross all fingers, in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, at the LrC icon, right click, select install older versions, I suspect as on Win 7, and 10, it will only go back to v8.2, but just maybe?  see https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/rollback-to-lightroom-classic-cc-7-5/td-p/10166619?...

Someone have a link to the direct download?

maybe https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/get-started.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines